Who is Eligible to Participate in the California Kids Care program?
Anyone who meets ALL of the following conditions may be eligible:
- Age: Under 21 years of age
- Residence: Permanent resident of San Diego County
- Medical condition – has one of the following medical conditions:
– Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia
– Cystic Fibrosis
– Diabetes Type 1 and 2 (enrollment based on under 10 years of age)
– Sickle Cell Disease
- Income: The family’s income is less than $40,000 a year
- High Medical Expenses: has an eligible child who has out-of-pocket medical expenses that are expected to be more than 20% of the family income.
- Has Medi-Cal coverage for the child.
A child whose family’s income is over $40,000 may still be eligible if:
- Need diagnostic services to confirm a California Children Services eligible medical condition; or
- Were adopted with a known California Children Services eligible medical condition; or
- Are applying only for services through the Medical Therapy Program; or
- Are Medi-Cal beneficiaries, full scope, no share of cost
Exceptions: Medical Therapy Program Services, diagnostic services, high-risk infant follow-up, and the children’s HIV program do not have a financial eligibility requirement.
I want to join California Kids Care:
To become a Member of California Kids Care, please call CKC Member Services at 1-844-225-5430 (TTY 711). You can also click the link below for the enrollment form.